Wednesday 4 March 2009

We have a responsibility to awe

I have been re-reading Rebecca Elson's volume of poetry and essays "A Responsibility to Awe" and it is so gorgeous. Her background as an astrologer and her life seems so interesting, plus her poetry is really moving. I would highly recommend it to anyone. My favourite poem of hers is: 'Some thoughts about the ocean and the universe' it is really beautiful and inspiring.

The sky outside is a dreary grey, with rain clouds hanging heavy like water balloons on the verge of bursting. I really hope I don't get caught in a down pour on my way home tonight. I am hoping the rest of the week will pass by quickly so that I can get to the weekend. I am planning on taking Buffy out (weather permitting) for a really long walk on the Moors, plus I have riding on Sunday which is always good to look forward to, even though I feel a little apprehensive about riding Jess. But I am sure I am just being silly and it will be nice to have a bit of a change from Jimmy. Even though last weeks lesson with Jimmy was the best yet. I feel that we really clicked and he really responded well to me. It was great.

I watched something quite interesting on Countryfile last Sunday. They were talking about Geocaching (outdoor treasure-hunting where participants use GPS to find containers full of "treasure", but the pleasure is in the chase) I have become quite intrigued by it. Apparently once you find the "treasure" you take it but then put some more "treasure" back in. sounds like fun and definitely something I would be willing to give a go - maybe even over my birthday week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/programmes/b00j06n0/ext/_auto/-/http://www.terracaching.com/

I am currently listening to the Fountain soundtrack (Clint Mansell) on my purple skull candy headphones (Which are awesome btw - great sound quality) and thinking about being somewhere else. Off on another big adventure with no thoughts of work or bills...
Places I would most like to go to right now:


Arizona
Sweden
Iceland
Prague
Denmark
Japan

Well I better go...

Namastey!

No comments:

Post a Comment