Wednesday 17 February 2010

"Meet me... in Montauk..."

February has been a trying month so far. Cold bleak and miserable at points, to be honest I will not be sad to see the back of this month. The saving grace in this month of calamity and trials is that I get to go see 30 Seconds to Mars play in Manchester this Saturday. Which I am sure will be awesome.

So far this month I have had to contend with illness, a couple of horrible weeks of work, more bad weather and the loss of a few of my favourite items of clothing (courtesy of my dog).
On the happier side of the month some things I did enjoy were; reading way too much Orson Scott Card & Lauren Maddison, re-watching ‘Away we go’ and ‘(500) days of summer’; becoming addicted to the new season of Criminal Minds and being enthralled with Matthew Gray Gubler’s awesome website (his sketches & paintings are amazing).

Recently I have been thinking a lot about ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’- If you could choose to erase your memories from a certain point in your life would you? I don’t think I would do it to erase any previous relationships (well maybe one or two), but you know I might be indulgent and rid myself of some of the more mundane experiences that we have to go through for long periods of time. Like for instance a job experience that sucked out your soul and left it half dead on the doormat, or maybe just the entire experience of GCSE maths... Who knows – would be a handy option to have. Anyway, it is a great film and if you have not seen it – you really should!

I am hoping next month will be brighter in all ways...

“I threw your keys in the water, I looked back, They’d frozen halfway down in the ice. They froze up so quickly, the keys and their owners, Even after the anger, it all turned silent, and The everyday turned solitary, So we came to February.”

February by Dar Williams (1st verse)

No comments:

Post a Comment